Alcoholic, has non-stop vomiting, severe cough. Water build up in lungs?

My friend is an alcoholic, he of course denies it. His wife has recently filed for divorce. He just got laid off and is spending everyday in the bar. Anyway, when he didn t drink over the holidays, his wife said he vomited non-stop. Is that a symtom ? And, every morning he coughs like a 30 year smoker even though he s a non-smoker. Is that water build up in the lungs? His triglycerides are ridiculously high. Another symtom? Thank you!
Asked On : Wed, 23 Jan 2013