Alcohol addiction, take alprazolam for depression, have elevated ALT and GGP. Will alcohol abstinence help?

Hello. I m 30 years old, 1.67m tall and weight 71Kg. During the last 4 years, I started to drink daily; the last 2 years I ve been drinking the equivalent of 2 liters of beer (5% alcohol) per day and also take alprazolam due to physical dependence (I had a depression and that was one of the meds I was prescribed). I measured today my ALT and GGP values and they were 54 and 144 respectively. I decided to stop drinking alcohol altogether. Even taking benzodiazepines, can I expect to see those values decrease to a normal level with alcohol abstinence? Thank you very much in advance.
Asked On : Sun, 17 Feb 2013