Alcohol addiction, get frequent chills in warm conditions, flushing in face, eases with a drink, on clonazepam. What is the cause?

I am an alcoholic experiencing frequent chills (every few minutes), flushing to the face, chills in very warm conditions, and variations of cold/hot sensations in normal weather. Typically, a drink will alleviate these symptoms. I take clonazepam for a panic disorder and unless I drink, these symptoms are so uncomfortable I cannot avoid drinking. Am I experiencing withdrawal symptoms from not having a drink (even after such a short period of avoiding alcohol? such as six hours?) Just had my thyroid tested, waiting on reesults.
Asked On : Tue, 7 Aug 2012