Alcohol addiction, 20-25 drinks in a week, prescription for medication to prevent abuse of alcohol

I ve have been a long time functioning alcoholic. It s getting worse and I know it isn t going to get any better. I am 36. I drink approximately 20-50 drinks per week. I know I need to stop but I do not want to go to AA. I am familiar with the program. My father was in the program for some time and has been sober for 22 years. I need a prescription for anabuse but can not afford a doctor s consultation at the moment. I have no health insurance. I know that an evaluation is generally needed before a doctor prescribes it but I was hoping to avoid that. How do I get this prescription? And, would an online pharmacy be a good option? If so, can you recommend one. Thanks.
Asked On : Mon, 16 Apr 2012