Air pressure in chest, nausea, shoulder pain, back spasms, hot shower provides relief

Hi there, I am a 48 year old female. I have had this particular issue for about 3 years now. The issue occurs for a season, then, for a while, I don t have it. It is the fact that I can t burp. I feel a lot of air pressure in my chest ... I even went to emergency thinking it was a heart attack ... stayed for three days and the heart was fine. I have learned that consuming anything triggers it, I suddenly feel nauseas, my chest hurts and that pain eminates to my shoulders. In a matter of moments, I will get back spasms from the tension , which seems to increase the air pressure in my chest. The back spasms are in the center of my back and seem to reach around my mid-section. I have found that taking a hot shower with pulsing water helps ... because it relaxes the muscles and kind of burps me. When I release the trapped air by finally getting to burp, I almost feel better instantly. I have also learned that if I apply heat to my back spasm... that helps me to relax and burp. It is very painful... and frightening. I cannot throw up or expell air in any way until I am warm and relaxed. Please help me understand how I may get over this!
Asked On : Fri, 23 Mar 2012