Aggressiveness, thumb sucking habit. What could be the reason?

My son is 12 years 6 months old. He weighs 56 kgs and he is 4.11. He sometimes shows very much interest in studies but at times runs away from it. He is very much addictive to TELEVISION and when we ask him to stop watching he becomes very violent, like he bangs the door or throws out whatever he feels like. This aggresiveness repeats whenever we ask him to study. He is 80% and above in academics. He is my only child. Sometimes he sucks his right thumb especially when alone or sleepy. Know not is this related to adolescence issue, habit , loneliness or fear? Pls advise.
Asked On : Fri, 31 Aug 2012
Feb 2013
It is a behavior problems, some times over caring, over concern and pampering will aggravate this type of aggressive behaviors. So consult your Pediatrician and pediatric clinical psychologist for the proper treatment and child needs counselling regarding behavior modification.