Agenesis of the corpus callosum, XYY syndrome, inability to walk, talk. Cause, future prospects, chances of detection during pregnancy?

My son has Agenesis of the Corpus Callosum and was also diagnosed with a XYY syndrome . I live in South Africa but at this stage I am in the dark as to what the cause could be as well as what to expect in future. My son is now 2 and a half but still cannot walk or talk. His mother now takes care of him on a permanent basis. I also would like to know whether this could have been detected during pregnancy.
Asked On : Sun, 3 Jun 2012