After workout i drink Whey isolate as my dinner but am getting delayed periods for 3 months. Should I start eating dinner ?

Hello doctor , i am 21yrs old, height 170.2cm Weight 54kgs.. After my 2hr workout i drink Whey isolate at 8pm nd usually that is my dinner! I am experiencing health problems as i have not got my Periods since 3months.. My harmone tests are fine.. My doctors recomended a good diet to overcome the Problem without need to take harmones.. i do not want to put on weight but want to be Healthy.. should i start eatn dinner ?
Asked On : Wed, 7 Sep 2011
Hello Xyenia;
welcome to HealthcareMagic
The ideal body weight for height of 170 cms is between 58-72 so at 54 you are a bit on lower side.To be fit and do workout is good but it should not be done at the cost of your daily required meals.Whey isolates or for that matter any food supplements available in market cannot replace the proper balanced diet which is required by your body to function properly.So since you are depriving your body its food you are having health troubles.To maintain you can do proper work out as much as required but make sure that you have proper and regular meals;it will keep you healthy.
Thanks
Welcome to HealthcareMagic forum
Yes xyenia, you must start eating dinner. because until unless you take proper nutrition including vitamins and all micronutrients, your metabolism and even endocrinal(hormonal)system will not be helped. now a days there are plenty of lite food options available, with that plz take enough green salads, fruits, beans, skimmed milk, etc. that will help you stay slim and healthy.
I hope I answered your query. Wish you good health.
General & Family Physician Dr. Shainaz Arif Kaware's  Response
Hello Xyenia;
welcome to HealthcareMagic
Thanks