After my first anxiety attack, I feel like I'm gonna snap at any moment

3 days ago, I got drunk, had 2 Ritalin tablets, and cough syrup which contains codeine, all in the same period of time. I was perfectly fine that night, I was with my sister, I remember everything that happened, it was all just fine. When I woke up in the morning, I noticed a few freaky things happened, that I did in my sleep (I sleep walk occasionally). But it kinda freaked me out for some reason, I don t know why. My sister is sick with a chest cold so she is in bed sleeping. I start to feel VERY VERY depressed,. for no reason at all. I usually get very depressed during the winter , but this was EXTREME, like, it jsut popped out of nowhere, like BAM! And it scared me! I ran to wake up my sister, almost in tears , asking her to help me, and I was depressed for no reason, and its getting really bad. She told me to go watch some TV to get my mind of it. I did, but then, my mind started to wander, and I started thinking I was going crazy, and I was gonna loose it, I then started getting all hot and feverish, and my heart was beating really fast, and I was pacing around, crying, and I was just scared of loosing my mind. Because If i loose my mind I cant go to school anymore, Ill loose my friends, my relationship wont work out, and ill loose everything I have. Then the anxiety attack finally settled in. My brother came in, and said he always gets them, but sense it was my first, and I did all that stuff yesterday it was severe. he gave me his anxiety medication, thats suppose to relax your body and make you fall asleep. My body was definitely relaxed, couldn t keep my eyes open, but I was just laying there, crying, complaining about how I m going nutts. After a few hours it ended. But now, 3 days later, (I m very sick now, with the chest cold) every time I think about the attack, my temperature rises and my heart beat accelerates, and I begin feeling VERY depressed, like I m about to snap. Once again. Now, I m just VERY scared, and fear for my mental health. I don t want to loose my mind. Please, please help. One more thing, the night before the attack, I spoke to my sister about my childhood traumas. They don t really affect me when i think about them, but she said that might be why.
Asked On : Tue, 15 Feb 2011