After how many days of missed period should I undergo a pregnancy test ?

Ideally when should we go for pregnancy test after missed period Hi.Today is my 4th day after missed period.Can I take the mankind pregnancy test today or ideally how many days i need to wait after missed period to go for the test.
Asked On : Wed, 18 May 2011
gd afternoon.
i suggest u can go for pregnancy test even today .. u wil get the result ..if u get negative, then u can wait and get tested again after one week, if u dont get ur period even by then ..
have a nice day..
OBGYN Dr. Rhea Chanda's  Response
I would suggest that you wait a week and then take the test.