After head cold why is my ear affected by lots of pressure coming out of it ?

I have had a head cold that has been affecting my ears. My left ear now feels like there is a lot of pressure coming from the inside trying to get out making it so I can t hear very much. Yawning and swallowing can t seem to reach it either. Is this very bad? What can I do?
Asked On : Tue, 29 Mar 2011
Allergist and Immunologist 's  Response
Hi,How is this recent problem or coming very often? Please get cured from your cold. Do you can chronic ENT problem? Get that treated. For acute cold take a course of antibiotics,decongestant,antihistamine&antiinflamatiry under medical supervision.This might decrease your middle ear pressure. Takke care.