After having a sugar rich coffee my 70 years old mother got cold and shivering. What could be the reason?

My mother is 71 years old. Last two days soon after the evening her whole body started shaking. This lasted for about 20 mins and when she had some sugar rich coffee things became good. She felt intense cold as well. Today blood sugar level was normal. Then doctor prescribed Rantec 150. She was told to take one tablet when she feels this illness again. I don t understand the logic of this prescibtion. Do gastric problems show this type of symptoms? Does this prescription makes sense ?
Asked On : Mon, 31 Jan 2011