After depo shot i am getting dark brown blood, is it normal?

is this normal? what could it be.. dark brown blood , light though not due for a period!! I had a normal period in November. None in December. Took pregnancy tests came back negative. I got the Depo shot about two weeks later i got a period. Now i am having dark brown blood, not heavy but i am not supposed to have a period for at least two more weeks? Could i have gotten pregnant on the depo would it show up due to the hormones in the shot? And if not, what could this be?
Asked On : Fri, 11 Feb 2011