After I try and eat I burp and my food comes up my throat. why it is happening so ?

i have been vomiting for 4 days now. it isnt the usual running for a trash can or a toilet bowl either. i can keep liquids down and crackers occasionally. but my problem is after I try and eat I burp and my food comes up my throat (regurgitating?) i usually get a hot flash before i feel like im going to vomit, and i m wondering if this could be cause of my period which just ended, if its my nerves , or maybe its acid reflux . i get a burning sensation in my chest and then when i burp i can feel liquids and sometimes food coming up with it. I hate hospitals and doctor offices. hopefully someone can help ?
Asked On : Sat, 15 Jan 2011