Advised to take plain CT stonogram to check kidney dilation. Is this CT safe? Difficulty in urination, blood in urine

Hi, my urologist ordered me to have a CT stonogram (plain) to check why my left kidney is dilated (based on KUB ultrasound ). Is this type of CT scan safe? Will this not use dye? What are the side effects that could potentially occur? Is it still safe for me to have a baby? By the way, I had the KUB done since I am having difficulty urinating and I think I might have passed 4 stones prior to consulting my urologist. I have also blood in my urine.
Asked On : Fri, 7 Dec 2012