Advised surgery for removal of fistula, worried. Details of surgery and prognosis?

Hi this is Raheel Panjwani and i am feeling severe pain in my Anus becuase of Fistula and this has been diagnosed by a Surgeon. Last year i was admitted in Hospital becuase of Fissur Pain and the treatement which was given in Hospital was anti biotic in IV form. Dr suggest me surgery for removal of this fistula but I am getting sccared to attempt the surgery. Will you please guide me regarding the surgery and prognosis . I am writing the report of Fistulogram in detail below, There is a 6.2 CM long tract which is extending upwards, Anteriorly and medially opening into anal canal above levator ani level consistent with high fistula in ano.
Asked On : Sun, 26 Aug 2012