1. due to push and straining during childbirth, increased pressure is put on the muscles,which sometimes causes the lining of anus to tear, resulting in fissure.
2. any pain/bleeding associated with fissure?
3. you haven't mentioned the duration, since how long has been this problem after post delivery?
4. has your general surgeon
looked into the pathology, whether acute or chronic fissure??
5. any complaint of constipation
, physical inactivity??
6. high fiber diet ( fruits,legumes,vegetables,whole grains) and adequate fluid intake with regular sitz bath.
7. Don't suppress the natural urge, as it will only add up to the problem.
8. consult with your gynecologist for further evaluation and management.