Advised Hb HPLC test to rule out Thalassemia Minor. Can an online doctor check the CBC test report and suggest ?

My 2 years old son was advised for CBC test. The following is the result of the same: Hemoglobin - 7.00, PCV 26.40, RBC Count - 5.13, MCV - 51.50, MCH - 13.70, MCHC - 26.60, Red Cell Distribution Width - 22.00, Total Leukocyte Count - 12.30. he has been advised an Hb HPLC test to rule out Thalassemia Minor. I am worried. Please suggesy
Asked On : Fri, 1 Mar 2013
Feb 2013
Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic,
Your child is having anemia as the hemoglobin is low.
The the red blood cell morphology looks like hypochromic and and microcytic, but I need the laboratory reference range to comment accurately on the morphology.
The peripheral smear is needed to say the morphology of RBC.
Don't worry and go for Hb HPLC test as it is done to rule out the thalassemia in the evaluation of anemia.
Hope I have answered your query.