Admitted to hospital for low BUN, creatinine. Aren't they high during dehydration ?

I m a nursing student and have a 21 year old male pt in DKA. Hx of DM type I. Lab values seem a little off and i m looking for clarification. When he was admitted his BUN and creatinine were low but shouldn t they be high due to the dehydration/hyperosmolarity of hyperglycemic state? Unless BUN is low r/t polydypsia during DKA? Also while researching it says to monitor calcium and phosphate levels (they were also low upon admission to the ER), his TSH is high at 3.76. What s the correlation here? I can usually deduce the implications of these but I ve spent a considerable amount of time delving into possibilities...what am I missing?
Asked On : Fri, 8 Mar 2013