Adenomyosis, severe pain during periods. Taken familon. Had surgery to prevent pregnancy. Chances of thrombosis or breast cancer?

My wife has been diogonized as having Adenomyosis . she suffered severe pain during last manstruation period. doctor advised to take oral contraseptive pill Familon . However my wife has undergone surgery ( PPS) to prevent pregnancy 10 years ago. Is taking the pill Familon will be harmful to her ? What are the chances of developing Thrombosis or Breast Cancer as a result of taking this pill. she never taken any contraceptive pill before. Pl reply rajib K Sharma e YYYY@YYYY
Asked On : Wed, 20 Jun 2012