Addition to some form of synthetic weed. How to get rid off it?

Hi, I have a very close friend, who I just learned recently that he has an addiction to some form of synthetic weed. I am not sure what it is he is smoking exactly, but I know it has become very bad for him. He wants to quit, but feels overpowered by the addiction, and fears the horrible withdrawals. I have been searching online for possibly a name of a medication or a detox medication that could help ease the symptoms of the withdrawals so that he can bring himself to quit the drug entirely, He can t afford a rehab program, so I am hoping to find a solution for him, Are there any over the counter meds that can help to detox his body?
Asked On : Tue, 5 Mar 2013