Addiction to weed poppers, loss of weight, low appetite, mood swings, no motivation, depression, frequent vomiting. What can be done?

Hi i am a single mum and I am very worried about my son I have seen what I believe are symptoms of drug use and drinking his girlfriend told me he s addicted to weed poppers. He has lost approx 70 pounds in a couple of months he hardly eats he drinks a lot of those energy drinks. He has been fired from 2 jobs for tardiness in the last 4 months he has no motivation is very angry and depressed and got himself in some trouble recently, I have found him a couple of times passed out on his bathroom floor face down and I have heard him vomiting I have asked him what he is taking but he gets angry with me and won t tell me. I don t know what to do any suggestions?
Asked On : Mon, 2 Jul 2012
Substance abuse in a loved one is probably the most difficult psychological situation a person can face. Why? Because one has to deal with the frustration of knowing that only your loved one can take responsibility and clean up their act. Sometimes close family members are forced to reject and kick out their own substance abusing relatives because these people tend to take everybody down with them, much like a sinking ship. Your son needs help desperately, like an inpatient substance abuse facility, but the maneuver can only come from him. All your suggesting and support will be rejected by him, because his reason has temporarily been obscured by the use of substances. Don't give up hope about it, though. Seek out your own therapist in the community and get your own support for this huge issue. This will help you deal with the emotional stress of this troublesome situation and perhaps develop some alternative strategies to help your son. Where there's life, there's hope!