Addicted to smoking. Been through open heart surgery. After few months of surgery started smoked marijuana. Having high BP and heart beat reduced. Serious?

My husband had open heart surgery in Jan. 2012. He was a heavy smoker of cigarettes for 56 years and now of course cannot smoke cigarettes. He has in the past few months decided to smoke marijuana. He does about 8 tokes a day. He has been having troubles with his blood pressure (it's too high) and his heart beat has slowed.
We have an appointment Monday to see our family doctor but I would like to kow the answer to this question before I go. Thank you.
Asked On : Wed, 10 Apr 2013