Addicted to masturbation, manually shaking penis. Will it result in low sperm count?

hello doctor,, i have been shaking my penis for last 4 year.. now i m 17... when i share my this habbit to my friend.....they advice me not to shake.........or it would result that sperm get exhausted..... is it true...... ? due to this , daily take promice of my self thai i would not shake... but everyday.......i m failed
Asked On : Thu, 22 Nov 2012
Urologist 's  Response
Jul 2016
Hello
Thanks for your query.You are addicted to masturbation.Masturbation is a one of the way to get satisfaction of enjoying a sex in absence of a partner .This is a physiological need of a mankind at young age and there is nothing wrong in doing it.It does not have any negative effect on health.However addiction for it may likely to develop psychological problems as it happens if one becomes addicted to alcohol or smoking.