Addicted to masturbation, incident of penis shut after excessive use, do not have strong erection, low libido. How can I overcome this?

Hi Dr. Chakravarthy I m 18 years old now. And started masturbation when I was about 15-16, and since the I ve had this problem of over masturbation when I m alone. When ever I go to school( I lived in the boarding school) I did it for a few times because I didn t have all that space to do them. But when I graduated from school and started saying at home frequently, I started a masturbation section like no other. So a day came I was masturbating, and I did it for three round and I suddenly found out that my penis shut-down, I was terrified at first. But later the penis can to a stage that I cannot have strong erection , my sexual sensation lowed and many more. Normally, in the morning I do have strong erection but now they are not strong and I don t now what to do. I just feel like killing myself. Please help me out!!!!!!
Asked On : Sat, 25 Aug 2012
Psychologist 's  Response
Dec 2015
Dear
Welcome to HCM
We understand your concerns

I went through your description. I suggest you not to worry much. Masturbation is not sin. It is a normal activity to relieve sexual urge. Even animals do masturbation. Young teen age people masturbate twice or thrice daily. You came under that category. Such people reduce the frequency when they realise that they have better things to spent their energy, like education, sports or career. You are yet to find one. I can assure you, in due course, you will also find one. For the time being, don't be anxious about the practice. If you can stop, STOP. If you cannot, don't be anxious and enjoy.

You might need psychotherapy and other cognitive behavioral therapies. I can help you through telephone. Please do contact me through customer care of www.healthcaremagic.com for a telephonic consultation session.

Hope this answers your query. Available for further clarifications.
Good luck.