Addicted to masturbation, have side effects. Suggestion to overcome it?

sir i want to know that i am addicted of masturbation for 13 year and i want to get rid from this habit . and i also want to know that after stopping the masturbation can i gain my health pshycological and physical healt and its side effect will come to end. i am suffering from its side effect. i have tried lot to left it but ican;t please give suggestion how to overcome from it
Asked On : Fri, 14 Dec 2012
Psychologist 's  Response
Dec 2015
Welcome to HCM
We understand your concerns

Addiction is masturbation is wrongly interpreted. Actually this is quite normal. The feeling that "there is something wrong with me" is addictive.
Masturbation though unnatural (not actually) is normal with every human being. May be frequency varies. Discomforts are also normal.
But if you start becoming anxious, it is really troublesome. To stop masturbation, there is only way, don't be anxious about it.
Find a psychologist who can help you. I can help you online if you desire so.
Good luck.