Addicted to gutka, best way to leave this long term habit

Sir my father has been an addict of Gutka(betel nuts or leaves with tobacco) eating habits since past 25 years...and now he is determined to lose the habit...he has asked me to search for thr best way to leave this longvterm habit...we all are worried because he seems afraid of the side effects of leaving it and we too are worried because he seem to get paranoid when he thipnks about his habit. ..please...we cant afford a doctor...fford
Asked On : Sat, 31 Mar 2012
Psychologist 's  Response
Dec 2015
Welcome to HCM
We understand your concerns

I went through your problem description. I suggest that an addiction is addiction. Any addiction is addictive because, both body and mind cannot tolerate the habit easily. For the body symptoms or problems which arises after you leave the habit, , there are De-addiction meditations. For mental troubles, there are no De-addiction medications, but psychiatric ones.

In any case, will power is the key. There are so many De-addiction centers which can help you if your father is determined. Or else it shall be futile. Never go behind frauds and loose money. Take the advice of psychologist. Your father might need psychological counseling., I am more than happy to provide telephone psychological counseling through healthcaremagic. Contact me through customer care,

Hope this clears your doubt. Available for further clarifications.
Good luck.