Addicted to eating raw rice. How can I get over this habit?

hi. im 34 years old lady working as Managing Director in a company. i have the same problem eating raw rice. i ate half a spoon raw rice daily. its very difficult for me to stop it. Dialy i told to myself no raw rice today. but i cant stop it. i ate one by one raw rice, not mouthful. l love eating one grain raw rice by one. pls help me to find a solution. thanks
Asked On : Fri, 19 Oct 2012
Cardiologist 's  Response
The first requirement in managing habituation is to have motivation. You already have it. So you will get over it. It is a question of time and more effort.
It is embarrassing. But it is harmless...
You need support from friend, family or society.
Psychiatrists are specially trained for this. There have trained assistants and social workers to help. There are also de-addiction centres in most cities.
THERE IS NO HARM WHATEVER FROM EATING RAW RICE. NOTHING TO WORRY. It is a only question of feeling of guilt and social embarrassment. As an intelligent motivated lady, you will get over
Good luck