Addicted to eating chalk, do not swallow it, just taste it. Could it be an indication of deficiency?

I am addicted to eating talk. I started the habit at a very young age. I am now 44 years old. I eat two pieces a day. I dont swallow the chalk. I just like the taste in my mouth then i spit it out. I know its strange but i cant seem to be able to stop. Please help. Friends say its an indication of a lack of something in my body.
Asked On : Sun, 21 Oct 2012
Urologist 's  Response
Jul 2016
Thanks for your query.You are addicted to eating a chalk since childhood.In majority of patients it is due to Calcium Deficiency So take Tab Supracal 1 tab twice daily for six months Hopefully your addiction will be over with this treatment.