Addicted to drugs, have a itchy place at the site of injection, occasional sharp pains and numbness. What could this be?

I used to shoot up. I haven t done it in about 7 months. But now, where I used to inject, I have a sort of itchy place, almost like a rash . Every once,in a while, I ll experience a sharp stabbing pain there suddenly, but it ll go away as quickly as it came. Also some numbness occasionally.. I don t know if they re connected or if its completely a different thing. Just wondering what this could be?
Asked On : Mon, 29 Oct 2012