Addicted to computer games, lost senses, fell down, lip bleeding, bruise on elbow. Reason?

Hi doctor, I ve been playing a lot of computer games recently. For the last three days I have been playing games from 4 pm to 7 am. I slept at 7 and woke up at around 4 again. I only at dinner at 6 and continued playing again. I drank probably two cups of water per day. Then I noticed my body losing its senses. Just last night, I woke up at 7 and walked to the living. I was still very sleepy and wanted to lie down on the couch. But, as I almost got to the couch, I fell and I don t even remember how I fell. I dont remember how hard i fell or anything. My parents rushed over to see what happened and at that point was when I realized I had just fallen down. I didn t feel any pain at all. Then my mom noticed that my lip was bleeding . And eventually I felt a bruise on my elbow as I place it down on a table. My question is why did I lose my sense of direction? Like I don t feel hunger, or thirst. I don t feel the need to urinate, but when I went anyways I had A LOT of urine because I haven t went to the bathroom for almost twelve hours. I don t know why I keep playing this stupid game. I m an ap student but for the last few weeks I didn t even bothered with my homework and just played games. My grade dropped dramatically. I think I might have depression or something. I don t have the motivation to do anything. Sorry for jumping around everywhere. Thank you, Tony
Asked On : Thu, 17 Jan 2013
Psychologist 's  Response
Dec 2015
Welcome to HCM
We understan your concerns

Video games or computer gmes are a peril. Numerous studies have shown the ill effects of gaming. I am very glad that you got an experience of it and am fairly sure that you will never repeat it. Now for the symptoms you mentioned. These symptoms arised on your body due to disorientation of body with the real feelings. When you are in the the game, you were behaving like one of the character and slowly you lost your touch with the real world. When you returned your body and mind became disoriented with the present. Like we struggle on entering a dark room from light, and after some seconds we will be able to see things.
Don't worry
But don't play computer games for more than 1 hout, keep time tble and stick to it.
Good luck.