Acute upper back pain. X-ray normal. Prescribed painkillers, vitamin D tablets. Reason for pain?

Around mid-December 12 I started having acute pain in upper left back portion of my neck. The pain would slowly spread to head, shoulders, legs and made me feel very weak. I went by to see an orthopedic Dr. and as per suggestion had an Xray done of neck. Nothing abnormal came through in Xray. I was prescribed pain medicines and vitamin D medicine. Which helped but I disliked taking it 3 times a day, but still took for 3 weeks. Then Dr. asked to get MRI of spine done, which too didn t show any abnormality. Then I was asked to visit a Neurologist , who asked to get CT Scan of brain, which again I have done and yet again no signs of abnormality. I have had reduction in pain since then but it surely comes back in couple of days. I am lost to what can be the reason and who I should consult. Could it be a vitamin deficiency? Do I need MRI of brain? I would really appreciate some help. Thank you.
Asked On : Mon, 25 Feb 2013