Acute pain in right side lower rib cage, taken Ibuprofen and paracetamol, no relief. Relief from pain?

okay working out on an abdominal crunch machine I felt a sharp momentary pain on my right side lower rib cage I thought it was just a spasm left that machine and continued doing my exercises. On my return home the pain became acute and has radiated to both the lower front as well as the lower back of my ribcage. It hurts significantly when I bend towards my right and if I breath deeply. My GP has told me I ve strained the muscles which are attached to the rib cage and there s very little to be done except manage the recuperation. Ibuprofen , paracetamol don t relieve the pain and heat and muscle gels are ineffectual as well. I have been prescribed Voltoral 100s to take at night but they don t do a whole lot either. This is now the 10th day of this and I m fed up.
Asked On : Mon, 4 Mar 2013