Acute pain in back started with kidney infection.No other symptoms. How to cure it?

Hi, for about 2 yrs now i have been having random acute pain in my lower left back. it started with a bad kidney infection and since then has not gone away. its become less frequent but the other day i woke up on my back and when i tried to roll to my side i broke in a sweat it was so painful.i find the sharpest pain when pressed is on my lower ribs. but it extends into my side as well. for a while i explained it as feeling like a softball was in my side rubbing against everything it had no room for. any suggestions. i ve done some research into kidney problems. i have no visibly noticeable blood in my urine and, no uncommon fatigue or shortness of breath. just horrible pain. like i said, its become less frequent. went from daily to now only a couple of times a month, but its taken two yrs to get there and i prefer it just be gone, :)
Asked On : Sun, 24 Jun 2012