Acute allergic reaction to oxynorm after sinus surgery. Low BP, low oxygen. Swollen face, squelching sound from the cheek. Concerned

Hi, I had day surgery recently on my sinuses- sinusotomy for chronic sinusitis . Post surgery in the recovery room I developed an acute allergic reaction to ? Oxynorm. Basically an anaphylactic shock ( I have a nursing background) as I while I was very sleepy I was hyper aware and kept saying to the nurse was I having an allergic reaction, especially when she told me my bp was very low and was administering me oxygen for low saturations. At one stage I felt my face and one side was very swollen, again I pointed this out and the nurse got the anaesthesia registrar, who ordered iv piriton-not adrenaline! Nebulizer and iv fluids? at this point my bp was 69/40 so really the first line medication should have been adrenaline but as i say i was kind of out of it but i could hear everything around me. Luckily the staff remained very attentive following this and I obviously recovered. My question is my face remains swollen and I am taking piriton orally, which I plan to change as it is not great but I notice that every time I put pressure on my cheek there is a squelching sound- like there is little air bubbles under my skin. What is the reason for this?
Asked On : Tue, 19 Mar 2013