Acummulated pus near ankle. Pain constant. What can the boil be?

i am having a boil just little above my ankle joint . there has been accumulation of pus and the skin nearby has swollen. but this is not the problem. problem is that there has been unbearable pain in my upper thigh, near the groin area. pain is mild, constant, but sometimes its shoots up making walking and sitting impossible. please tell me what it is ? is it caused by that boil ? can a boil result into forming of a tubercle inside and blocking the nerves ?
Asked On : Sat, 4 Aug 2012