Acquired asthma after lung infection. Using seretide inhaler. Long term effect of drug?

Hi, I am a 41yr old male. at the age of 27 i aquired adult onset asthma after a lung infection. First I became ill with a verybad chest infection, after recovery i was diagnosed with asthma. I started with the normal blue puffer spray which lasted approx 2 or 3 yrs. The doctor then prescribed Seretide acu inhaler 100 mg this was then increased to 250mg. I feel my asthma is currently under control with this dosage as i suffer no visable or physical side affects. I am active and consider myself slightly above average fitness for my age. Question is, i have now been on seretide for more than 10yrs. Should i be concerned about any health problems from long term use of this drug? note that. never require more than one dose per day and sometimes the 100mg dose works ok as well. thank you for any advice, Mike
Asked On : Wed, 11 Jul 2012