Acne problem, red and itchy. Why is it spreading down chest and shoulders?

hi doctor, I am 17 years old and have been experiencing back acne for nearly 3 years now. It started off mildly but has since spread all over my back as well as mildly over my shoulders and chest . Although outbreaks occur less after summer season, the dark brownish-black marks persist. new outbreaks tend to be itchy and red. I would like to know how I can get rid of the marks as fast and effectively as possible as they are spread across my back and shoulders. I have applied ointments over the past few years to no effect and I am waiting for an effective remedy badly... regards, Mala
Asked On : Sun, 23 Sep 2012