Acne on face, back causing rough and dark skin. Prescribed minoz50, clingard gel. Are these effective?

Hello doctor I used to have a very clean, glowing and clear skin however since last 6 months my skin has been facing acne on cheeks, forehead and back. The skin has become very rough and dark. Im about to get married in september 2012. I have consulted a doctor and he has advised me to take minoz 50 for 20 days and apply clingard gel in the morning and tretin cream at night. I just wanted to know if these medicines are really effective. ive just started the treatment 2 days ago, however i do not really have much time for experimenting with my skin anymore.
Asked On : Sun, 24 Jun 2012