Acl tear in left knee, playing with pain. Precautions to be taken? Exercises in water surface?

Hi. am having an acl tear in my left knee . I am a sports person. more than one year i was playing cricket with pain. i met many doctors. finaly went to rehab , no cure. now doing aquatherapy, walking, doing exercises in swimming pool. can you sugest me do and donts for acl tear. In 2-3days, i seen changes in my leg due to walking in water. but now again its started. can you give best exercises for acl tear in water surface.... expecting reply
Asked On : Sun, 13 Jan 2013
Hi and thanks for the query,
It is true that water exercises and swimming exercises are recommended for knee trauma patients. However, a careful evaluation needs to be done. A better appreciation is usually gotten especially when a Magnetic Rasonance Scan is done MRI scan). Physiotherapy could also be helpful. An evaluation and the opinion of an orthopedic surgeon could be of immense help. Kind regards