Acid reflux, indigestion, headache, constipation. Prescribed omeprazole. Feeling pain in the stomach, knees, getting cramps, worst headaches, slimy stools. Reasons?

I suffered with acid reflux and indigestion a few months ago then I become quite ill sickness, headaches and constipation . I went to the doctors and they prescribed me omerprazole and told me to take one a day to help with the acid. Recently I have had what I think is a stomach virus and so have some of my work colleges. I feel terrible and now the headaches are getting worse. I ve lost a stone in 3months and feel worse after eating I ve been drinking lots of water but am now belching considerably, recently I have been getting cramp in my legs, stomach and feet my knees ache and my stools appear slimy and a peculiar shape, I m at my wits end!
Asked On : Fri, 2 Nov 2012
Gastroenterologist 's  Response
hi jason
looks like you have a sensitive intestine (irritable bowel) but if you have lost significant weight then better to get yourself evaluated with some basic blood stool test and thyroid function test just tot be sure we are not missing some thing
dont get preoccupied with your illness
try destressing, regulars walks and eating habits with regular medications will help you
may need help of a psychiatrist
hope this ans your query
feel free to get back in case of any questions
wish you a speedy recovery