Acetabular fracture to hip socket, had walked miles prior to diagnosis. Could that cause any damage?

I fell while on vacation and suffered acetabular fracture to my hip socket Dec 22 2012. I ws told no weight bearing for 5 weeks. My concern is that after the fall I walked for miles (although painful) for the next couple of days not knowing what was wrong until my return to the states. Within days my pain has subsided to the point that I can walk without crutches but I m afraid to. It s too late now but do you think I did more harm by walking on it after the fall. I m a young 59 and enjoy being active.
Asked On : Sat, 12 Jan 2013