Accidently inserted two tampon, removed one, unsure if other remain lost in vagina. Dangerous?

Earlier today around 6:30pm I changed my tampon and am now concerned that I may have accidentally inserted two without realizing it. I have successfully removed the one I knew for sure was there, but I am unsure if another remains lost in my vagina . I have tried manually searching for it but didn t come across anything. I feel normal, and I m sure that any sensation I currently feel down there is due to the fact that I am worried. I am scheduled for my yearly OB/GYN appointment this Friday morning and am not sure what to do in the mean time. Should I wait and see if I experience symptoms (if a tampon is actually still there), or is that too dangerous? I am a big worrier and am worried about things like toxic shock syndrome and so forth. The earliest I would be able to do anything about this would be morning and I m worried about waiting this out through the night. Like I said, there very well may be nothing there. It was just a thought that crossed my mind and now I m being paranoid.
Asked On : Fri, 15 Feb 2013