Accidentally swallowed common pin, now present in stomach, asked to return if pain is present. Serious condition?

my cousin accidentally swallowed a common pin.. and it is now in her belly after doing about three x-rays. then the doctor is going to say that if she begins to feel pain her mom must take her back. and i don t think it is wise to wait until she starts to feel pain because that pin is very dangerous to her organs. waiting on your advise please the steps that should be taken
Asked On : Tue, 26 Mar 2013
Give 2-3 bananas at a time every 3 hourly so that the bolus entraps the pin in the GI-tract. also give bakery bread un- heated(raw)along with banana..At the moment waiting is the only option,keep the patient relaxed with tranquilizers and allay all fears.