Accidentally inhaled a mix of CLR and bleach spray solution. Experiencing cough, wheezing, dizziness. Long term damage?
I was cleaning my bathroom 2 days ago and accidentally inhaled a mix of CLR and bleach spray solution (mold and mildew remover). I have coughed a lot and experienced shortness of breath and dizziness . Ever since, the shortness of breath got better, but I have a deep, wet cough and wheezing when breathing . Never had any respiratory reaction to fumes/ smoke before. Should I be concerned about long term damage?
Hi--you probably have a chemical bronchitis and at this point you should see a doctor for an exam, chest x-ray, and it sounds like you'll need either an inhaler or a short course of prednisone to clear this up
Answered: Wed, 17 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
You found this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer.
For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]