Accidentally inhale some of the cleaning products. Is this something serious ?

Last Saturday (3/12/11) I closed at my work and happened to accidentally inhale some of the cleaning products they were using in the back kitchen. I started losing my voice Sunday night (I ve never lost my voice before) and I m just now starting to get it back to normal again (it is now Thursday the 17th). Also, about 2 nights ago I started having a shooting pain in my left lymph node (it s also a bit enlarged) on my neck and in part of my head . Could this all be because of the chemicals?! I haven t been feeling well lately either and I wonder if my symptoms are due to allergy, a virus, or simply due to those chemicals. Just curious if this is something serious/ what are some remedies I can use to help it heal.
Asked On : Thu, 17 Mar 2011
ENT Specialist 's  Response
hi

yo might have got secondary infection due to inhalation for chemicals that is quite common. start doing warm saline water gargling and take steam inhalation at least 3 times a day and better to consult ent surgeon and get examined if it too serious injury you might have to start course of antibiotic
ENT Specialist Dr. Puneet Maheshwari's  Response
Consult an ENT surgeon, and get an endoscopy done.
General & Family Physician Dr. Tina Jacob Das's  Response
Helllo
Welcome to HealthcareMagic.From what you have mentioned, losing voice can be due to the chemical, which was like an irritant. Some of these might have chlorine , which is known to have such effects. But you also mentioned about having palpable lymph nodes, which is suggestive of infection. Even viral infection could lead to that.So if you are already feeling better, little to worry. Else, get yourself shown to a primary physician or a ENT doc.Get well soon.