Accidentally got kicked on the throat. Pain in the throat on pressing it. Is it serious?

today I was practicing with a friend on boxing, and my friend accidentally kicked me in my throat and now when I press on it from the outside It hurts a bit and I think it is bruised but I know for sure it is very tender right now. Do you think there is a problem with it or in the future I will have throat problems? I can eat and drink fine, nothing is wrong with swallowing, it just hurts when I press on it.
Asked On : Mon, 29 Apr 2013
due to kicking on throat there is possibility of having damage to crickoid cartilage or fracture might give some problem.
So it is better consult ENT surgeon and get examined.
Ok and take care.