Accidentally got eye contact to mortein insecticide spray, eye turned to red, no irritation. Concerned

Hi. My mother has accidentally got her left eye in contact with Mortein insecticide spray this morning. In the afternoon she noticed that the inside corner of her eye is very red. May be this redness had happened earlier but she knew when somebody told hher in the afternoon. It is like that till now. Though she did not feel any irritation what to do now, please let me know?
Asked On : Sat, 9 Jun 2012
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
hii jaydeepz

Dont do anything at this point of time. If there is no irritation, then most probably the eye has healed itself or there was not much damage to begin with.

If u feel that there is some redness , then maybe you could do some cold fomentation. I dont think any medication is needed.

get well soon