Accidentally consumed kerosene. No pain or discomfort. Given milk. Have autism. Side effects?

Hi, I have a question regarding my younger brother who is suffering from autism . My question is not autism-related but I think it will help to let you know that he is autistic. Few hours ago, he accidentally drank a cup full of kerosene thinking it was water. I knew that there was an existing topic regarding this but Im trying to see if maybe I can personally ask a doctor too regarding what happened to my brother, forgive me for my grammar too. We tried searching the internet for first aids but websites provide different answers, some say, we should not make him vomit , some websites, however suggest that if a victim would vomit then its good. I found your website to be very informative even in the past but unfortunately, we belong to those family who works at online freelance jobs only and doesn t have fixed income so we cant afford your premium service. Going back to my inquiry, after my brother consumed the kerosene, he didnt show any sign of pain, not sure if it was just him because he is autistic and maybe he dont know how to express pain but I didnt notice him crying either. he is behaving perfectly normal, playing and singing like nothing happened. We gave him milk several times, plain milk, choco-flavoured milk, just so he will consume it thinking that it might help in neutralizing the kerosene. We are not sure if we did the right thing. We really like to bring him to a doctor in a hospital to have his stomach pumped but we belong to those family almost below the poverty level, besides, unlike Norway, our government doesnt have health programs to send the sick to the hospital for free. My question is: Is my brother okay? I know its hard to tell if you havent physically checked my brother but any idea on this? why is he behaving perfectly fine? I mean that s good but we surely dont want to rejoice prematurely and then end up crying and begging for help the next day. What if we cant send him to the hospital ASAP, what are the side effects of consuming kerosene? How long before he will feel the effects of the kerosene in his stomach from the time he consumed it? Is there a good chance that the kerosene might just be diluted in his stomach and be washed out through urine etc? Please let us know. We will surely appreciate hearing from you. Knowing that it will be a doctor s advise, we will greatly value any advise that you may give. please let us know what other things to expect or if we have to observe him for a certain period of time. Please help us.
Asked On : Tue, 13 Nov 2012