Accidental swallowing of stapler pins, remedy?

i may have accidentally swallowed a stapler pin. I am not even sure if I have. I managed to fish out three from my mouth through the mouthful of what contained the pins! but might have swallowed one. is it dangerous? should I try vomiting?
Asked On : Sat, 17 Mar 2012
Feb 2013

Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.

Don't try to vomit as this may cause injury to food pipe.

Consult the doctor for examination.

They will advise x ray to know the position of pins and their number.

The problem with the pins are injury to gut with its sharp tips.

If the pins are open, there is a chance of bleeding and perforation.

If they are closed, they will pass in stool.

The doctor will guide you in the management.

If you have a habit of ingesting non edible objects, take the opinion of a psychiatrist also.

Hope I have answered your query.